Dow France began its commercial activities in France in April 1963. Today, approximately 500 employees work across four different locations, including three production sites: Lauterbourg, Erstein (Bas-Rhin) and Villers-Saint-Paul (Oise). The head office is based in La Plaine Saint-Denis, near Paris. As a dynamic contributor to the French economy -with more than 80% of its production sold for export, Dow drives a focused and streamlined portfolio on a global scale and leads positions in three attractive consumer-driven segments: packaging, infrastructure and consumer care. In 2018, Dow France invested more than 32 million euros to improve its production and reduce its environmental footprint, including 7 million euros which were dedicated to the construction of a new coating production unit at Lauterbourg to produce clean paints. In total, between 2016 and 2018, more than 120 million euros were invested on our French industrial sites.
Dow France – Facts and figures:
- 1963: the start of Dow’s commercial activities in France.
- More than 56 years of industrial and commercial presence in France.
- Sales revenue of about 1 billion Euros in 2017 for Dow France
- One administrative and commercial office located near Paris, in La Plaine Saint-Denis.
- Three industrial production sites:
- in Alsace in Lauterbourg and Erstein (Bas-Rhin)
- in Picardy in Villers-Saint-Paul (Oise)
- More than 80% of our production is exported out of France.
- 120 million euros invested in our Dow France industrial sites between 2016 and 2018.
For more information about Dow locations in France, please click here.